In the Nuremberg International Opera Studio, the Staatstheater Nürnberg, in cooperation with the Nuremberg University of Music, awards stipends to young graduates in voice and correpetition. For one year, the artists receive practice-oriented training at the Staatstheater Nürnberg and matriculate at the Nuremberg University of Music in the master's program "Master Internationales Opernstudio" with a major in voice or correpetition.
At the Nuremberg university of music
- The members of the International Opera Studio attend supplementary courses (voice lessons, correpetition and opera history/dramaturgy).
- In addition, they can take further elective courses for professionalization, such as scenic-dramatic lessons, acting lessons, speech interpretation, movement/dance/body training.
- Participation in master classes is also possible.
- If possible, the stipendiaries can participate in a university production.
The stipendiaries of the Nuremberg International Opera Studio
- are represented in small and medium roles in the current repertoire of the Staatstheater Nürnberg.
- As part of the Opera Studio's training program, the members also participate in rehearsals and performances of the Opera Studio's own productions.
- In addition, members of the opera studio receive application and audition training as well as information on theater and contract law and theater organization.
- Financially, the members of the opera studio receive a monthly stipend and, depending on the size of the role, a fee for participation in performances of the Staatstheater Nürnberg.
MEMBERS OF THE INTERNATIONAL OPERA STUDIO IN THE 2022/23 SEASON:
- URSZULA BARNAŚ*, Répétiteur
- VERONIKA LOY*, Soprano
- SARA SETAR*, Mezzo-soprano
- MATS ROOLVINK*, Bass baritone
- SEOKJUN KIM*, Bass
- MYKHAILO KUSHLYK*, Tenor
For the season 2024/25 we are looking for one singer each of the voice categories mezzo-soprano/alto, soprano as well as bass.
The deadline for applications is July 15, 2023, and we unfortunately cannot consider applications received after that date.
If you would like to apply, please send your application only by e-mail to: opernstudio(a)staatstheater-nuernberg.de
If you have been selected for the audition, we will contact you with an invitation shortly after the application deadline. Please refrain from inquiring about the status of your application. Unfortunately, travel expenses cannot be reimbursed.
- German language proficiency B1 (CEFR: Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- University graduates in voice and correpetition (degree at least Bachelor)
Please send us the following documents:
- A short cover letter with the motivation for your application to the International Opera Studio Nuremberg and your CV
- 2-3 arias as a link, without password protection and without the need to download. One aria by Mozart must be part of the selection.
Thank you for your interest and for sending us your application!
We would like to thank the sponsors of the International Opera Studio, the Damenclub zur Förderung der Oper Nürnberg e.V. and also the Freunde der Staatsoper Nürnberg e.V. and the IHK Kulturstiftung.